Name: Adam Driver
Birth name: Adam Douglas Driver
From: San Diego, California, USA
Date of birth: 19 November, 1983
Height: 6ft 2¼in
- Attended and graduated from Mishawaka High School in Mishawaka, Indiana.
- Growing up, he sang in the church choir; his stepfather was a minister.
- He is the son of Joe Douglas Driver and Nancy (Needham) Wright. Adam has English, German, Dutch, Irish, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and distant Swedish, Welsh, and French, ancestry. His father is from Arkansas and his mother is from Indiana. Their families have lived in those states for many generations. Some of his Dutch ancestors were from Friesland.
- Received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Juilliard School in New York City.
- Served in the United States Marine Corps, and currently manages Arts in the Armed Forces, a non-profit organization that stages theatrical performances for military personnel.
- While serving in the United States Marines, he missed active duty in Iraq due to a mountain biking accident in which he broke his sternum.
- Before becoming an actor, he once worked as a door-to-door Kirby Vacuum salesman, a telemarketer for a basement water-proofing company, and Ben Franklin construction company.
- Says he ‘originally passed on’ his role of Adam Sackler on Girls because he “thought television was evil”.
- Does not watch his own performances onscreen, and even declines to listen to audio clips of himself while being interviewed on the radio.
- He was considered for the role of Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which went to Jesse Eisenberg.
- He was rumored to be playing Dick Grayson/Nightwing in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice but denied any involvement. Despite this, he expressed an interest in the role and has been a popular choice among fans ever since.